Author / Message

replacement quartz movement - Quartz 85

txclock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:51 pm     Post subject: replacement quartz movement - Quartz 85

Need to replace the quartz movement in an anniversary clock. The movement has a rotating pendulum (hanging from the movement) thats driven by the clock movement. The markings on the movement are QUARTZ 85 W085/00675. I've been unsucessful in my attempts to find a replacement. Can you help? Thanks!
clokfxr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:07 pm     Post subject:

these movement are usually quite rliable why do you need a replacement?
can't get working?
battery contacts corroded?
txclock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:05 am     Post subject:

The clock isn't working. Neither the clock nor the pendulum work. The contacts are not corroded, battery is good (new) checked them.
clokfxr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:08 am     Post subject:

possibly a old Junghans from your calibre number definately german make.

probably may not be able to get spares - look on ebay for one the same or going for spares and try using that one.
Kenny G

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:52 pm     Post subject: WO85 Movement

Hello, I have found the following information for your movement.
Haller W085 quartz movement
http://www.pmclocks.com/catalog.htm
M144-85/97
tooler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:31 am     Post subject: Re: replacement quartz movement - Quartz 85

Hello I have the same type clock as yours. I just found that by pulling the black center driver gear off , cleaning the arbor and giving it a drop of oil . It seemed to fix the not running problem. Good Luck
BOBENGLISH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:12 am     Post subject:

I have a Quartz 85 Anniversary clock made in Germany. One of the battery contact corroded and broke off. I took the back cover off and 3 gears and a pendulum looking item fell out. I have no clue of how to reassemble it. I've posted 3 pictures at http://tcgsource.com/clock.htm If you have such a clock and could send me a picture of the gear setup, I'd be most thankful. Email to bob.english@comcast.net
trose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:34 pm     Post subject: Quartz 85 movement

I had a similar clock that stopped working, and after much searching found the following replacement movement at PM Clocks that works: M143-97/85, on page 14 of their price list. Follow the link in Kenny G's reply above to the catalog. The movement can be purchased with or without the chime wiring, depending on whether your clock has a chime attached. The movement with chime was $49.95 as of 12/10. It is not an exact replacement from a visual standpoint, but installed and functions exactly the same as the old movement. The only change I had to make was cutting a new hole in the decorative back cover that snaps over the movement, because the knob to set the time was located in a different position than in the old movement. This movement was apparently not available for awhile, but was added to their catalog in 2010.
trose

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:57 pm     Post subject: Quartz 85 movement

Additional information on my post above. The latest PM Clocks price list (December 2010) shows this movement on page 13. Link to the price list is www.pmclocks.com/Acrobat/pricelist/pricelist.pdf
handyman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:10 pm     Post subject:

this article has some interesting background information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quartz_clock

it's quite interesting
bigpig

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:56 am     Post subject:

The clock isn't working. Neither the clock nor the pendulum work. The contacts are not corroded, battery is good (new) checked them.
Greatdeals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:26 pm     Post subject: German quartz 85 movement w085-00675

Hi, everyone, I have a working movement from a loricron anniversary clock that you all are looking for (see subject for model info) . I listed it on ebay. Please check out the listing and purchase if interested. Thanks
The item number is 221275665522 . Go to ebay and type that number in the search bar, it will come up automatically. Thanks!